Glue for Teflon

From: Dev Null (devnull2@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 20:01:24 PDT

I recently purchased a surplus (never used) acoustic enclosure for a
military generator I have. The enclosure arrived unassembled in its
original packing crate. Part of the assembly instructions require that I
attach Teflon tape to the edges of various enclosure components. The tape
provided with the enclosure is the self-stick kind with a peel away
backing. Unfortunately over the years while the enclosure sat around
waiting for me to buy it, the glue dried up and has no stickum left.

Does anyone know of an adhesive product that will bind Teflon tape to
painted metal?

Thanks

harry