M-1009 Help Needed!!!!

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 11:55:36 PDT

Hi Guys & Gals,

My best friend, (whom I talked into buying a matching M-1009 to mine), has
had his turn signal unit come completely out of the steering column!! Never
heard of this one......I am trying to find a take out for him that is in
good shape at a reasonable price. Can anyone help????

We've been the LMC truck route, the wreaked car route, every parts house and
Chevy dealer that we can think of and nothing fits!! I would have thought
that the turn signal and the shroud with the inner workings would be the
same on that year Blazer but they are not! There is a pin in the military
column that is NOT present in the civilian models that seems to hold the
turn signal unit in place. Without that it won't work.

Please email me off list if you can help. I want to get this as soon as
possible as his truck is down until this is repaired or replaced. His is an
84 or 85 M-1009.

Thank you all,

Ed