Re: [MV] Interesting tid bits about British military inventions

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 18:11:21 PDT

--- Joe Garrett <j.garrett@verizon.net> wrote:
> Carl Norden, Glenn Curtiss, Pierre DuPont,
++++++++
Dodge Brothers, Howard Hughes, Pratt and Whitney,
Orville and Wilbur, Mr. Studebaker, Gen. Doolittle,
George Westinghouse, Mr. Packard, and that little
family owned boat building company in New England that
started the PT Boat operation. Also, that guy in
Louisianna that built the Eureka boats. And some
singer-lady in Hollywood that came up with the idea of
frequency-hopping radio communications.

And last summer I repaired a porch for a tiny little
85 year-old woman who did technical illustrations for
several aircraft companies starting in the early
'40's, she started with North American and retired in
'74. She'd done drawings of almost everything that
flies!! Still sharp as a tack, what a treat to talk
to her.

Joe