RE: [MV] worst MV of all time

From: David Ashley (imjustdave@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 20:42:12 PDT

Ok I know I am going to get flames for this but oh well.

I hate to break the news to everyone but the biggest issue with Windows is
the Hardware, and other software. Think of it this way, Mac makes the OS,
and the Hardware and things work great. But the PC is well, anyone can
build it, from just about a billion different manufactures of hardware.
Garbage in Garbage out. Look at the Xbox, how many BSOD have you heard
about..... Yes there are failures with HD and DVD drives, but it built with
the cheapest of hardware available. Now compare your computer with Server
Grade machines... well there is no comparisons. Some of the hardware out
there is supposed to have an uptime of 9 9's as in 99.9999999% of the time
up. Go and figure out the downtime in a year... it's impressive. Even
better multiple machines doing the same thing just like what is on
airplanes. Now if you only allow and or only have specific software running
on these systems you will have a very stable machine. IE no internet,
Solitaire, half life, ETC.

Now to add info to the whole Boeing and Airbus thing. When I worked at
Boeing, I always heard that a pilot on a Boeing plane had the last say over
the computer, it could complain but not override the pilots control. "Look
at the barrel role over Lake Washington 707 I believe" I also heard that
Airbus was exactly the opposite,