RE: [MV] Discovery Channel Monday Jessie James Hacks a WWII Jeep into a monster thing..

From: Rich Sherman (richs@volcano.net)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 08:58:05 PDT

Sadly, it seems the producers thrive on this controversy. Maybe this
destruction brings viewers and their "target demographic". I guess only a
producer understands the inner workings, but take a look at the American Hot
Rod forum,
http://discovery.infopop.net/1/OpenTopic?a=cfrm&s=6941912904&f=6991906096
hosted by the Discovery Channel folks. Mostly very negative. If collectors
or actual vehicle enthusiasts were what they were after then they would
certainly have changed by now. It just seems to me that tearing stuff apart
for the sake of "bad boy rowdiness" is lacking soul. But maybe I'm just
getting old. :)