Re: [MV] MV destruction - USS AMERICA

From: dgrev (dgrev@iinet.net.au)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 22:44:31 PDT

Ryan

> It does however look like the UK is returning to the fold of more
> standard fixed wing carrier (60,000 tons est) sometime in the next 10
> years.

I am in the dark, what has happened with the Harrier concept? I know
that the US is moving towards 2nd generation VTOL and that the Brits
were not. What are the Brits going to use on this big carrier if not
VTOL? They would have to develop something themselves or alter an
existing design for carrier use F-22/Eurofighter, which would not be fun?

Regards
Doug