OT I this a Nigerian scam or just a very illiterate Mick?????

From: Fred H. Schlesinger (fred@schlesingers.net)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 15:01:56 PDT

Have been having an interesting conversation with a supposed Irishman about parts for a fire truck.
Not MV related, but kind of funny. This guy's english I so poor I can't figure out the scam. Maybe
he will want me to cash a check for him or something? I could use some new wallpaper.

Anyway, if interested, see below. If not, than please excuse the intrusion