Texas Former Military Vehicle Registration

From: John Stewart-Smith (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 08:00:40 PDT

Kevin,
I did a little searching of the TXDOT website and found a start for you.
http://www.dot.state.tx.us/vtr/spplates/specialplate.htm?nbr=74
is a page showing some details about obtaining the plates. Of course, you
don't need to have plates.
ftp://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/vtr/forms/vtr-135-m.pdf
is the actual form you have to fill out to register a former military
vehicle. It contains a bit more information on it.
If you have specific questions, feel free to ask me, I have had an M35A2
registered for several years using this program.
Insurance is not mandatory for this program, just advisable.
Dig around a bit on the TXDOT website and you may find the actual
legislation.
Good Luck!
-Sarge