FS: 1952 XM211 - NEEDS TO GO!

From: Caleb Pal - MilVeh (m1009@defcon-3.net)
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 22:20:13 PDT

Hello all,

Well I hate to do this, but the M211 needs to go. I got it just over a year
ago as a project truck. It has been fun, but I just don't have the time or
the money to restore it how I would like. I would like to offer it to this
list first, as I would like to see it go to someone that can restore it, and
know what its really worth, and not just get used on a farm to haul hay.

The truck: 1952 XM211 S/N 6215. Was a water truck when I got it, that bed
came off, and a M35A2 bed was put on it, as I could not find a M211 bed. The
winch was added last year, off of a M135. The truck runs and drives great.
Engine is awesome, once its warm it just purrs. Sounds like a couple valves
need slightly adjusted. The transmission is the standard auto tranny, with
the REB power shift kit to make it sort of a manual. High range reverse has
been locked out. Shifts great, no slipping that I have ever noticed. Truck
has hardly ANY rust, which is why I got it. The only rust is some very small
spots in the bed where the stakes go in, and on the windshield frame. Also
some other small surface rust spots around the truck, but nothing rusted
through besides the windshield frame. The windshields need replaced, along
with the rear window in the hard top.

Needs: Fuel tank is rusted inside, needs the pump gone though, doesn't work.
The windshields and fold down frame might be able to be welded, or a new one
put in. Rear wiring harness, cab to radiator headlight harness were both
replaced. I have the distributor/temp sender harness and voltage regulator
harness in a box, NOS. It could use a cab harness that goes to the 3 lever
switch, and to the instruments, and the headlamp harness, some wires
showing. I haven't noticed a lot of seepage, but some of the brake drums
show a bit of oil coming out. Im not sure if its brake fluid or gear oil, as
the amount is minimal. It stops fine. I had to replace a wheel seal, and
ever since then that one locks up before all the others when I really get on
the brakes, and when using the brake hold switch in the dash, that wheel or
another one seems to stick for a second, then releases and is driveable. The
parking brake is missing, was broken off. I have the parts on a M135 if the
buyer wants to take it off. Also any other parts off the M135 are available
to the buyer. The gladhands and etc were missing, I took those off the M135,
and they are in the shop. Since I used M35A2 brake light mounting plates,
mounting the gladhands was an issue. The step on the drivers side is
slightly bent from hitting an immoveable object, can be bent back. Jerry can
holder does not come with. I also have a jerry can from the era of this
truck that comes with. Overall a good truck, just needs quite a few small
things. Very rust free, which is nice. Miles are somewhat unknown, odometer
reads around 2600, not sure if thats original. I would estimate under 10k,
but can't be sure.

Pictures of the truck are at
http://pictures.defcon-3.net/view_album.php?set_albumName=album08. If anyone
interested wants more specific pictures, feel free to email me. Sorry they
are so dark. Truck is located 50 miles north of Seattle, Wa, on Lopez
Island. Buyer arranges shipping off the island. Could be driven, but would
need parts. It drives right now, is fueled by a boat gas can in the back.
I am asking $1500 USD, but I am flexible. I would really like
to get this moved out of here, so if you or anyone you know is interested,
have them contact me at m1009@defcon-3.net.

Thanks!

Caleb Pal