Army Unit Identification Method?

From: Michael S. Nichols (m.s.nichols@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Apr 17 2005 - 14:13:27 PDT

Hello from Atlanta. I recently acquired a Reel Unit RL-31 with a paper tag
listing a unit: "811 Or Co SFC Adkins". I may never use this reel unit in
my M151A2 except for my electrical contracting business, but I would love to
find out about the Army unit listed and the military manual listed uses of
this Reel Unit.
1. How do I look up what is this unit and where this unit is based?
2. How do I search for the Army manual or item description for the RL-31 on
the internet?

Thanks fellow listees!

Regards,

Mike Nichols