Which paint?

From: John Stewart-Smith (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 09:32:46 PDT

Howdy list,
Sarge speaking, so listen up!
I have an M35A2 painted in modern day 3 color CARC.
I have an M832 with an S530 shelter that I want to match the M35.
Okay purists, I know the S530 only came in semi-gloss green, but I want 3
color CARC.
I need advice on how to go about this.
Tell me your opinions, should I go with CARC or a faithful matt repro color?
I know the dangers of CARC, I shot it in the military and I'm not worried. I
will use maximum protection.
I also subscribe to the MVPA magazines and therein lies the problem. There
is an enormous selection of CARC colors and I'm not sure which 3 I need.
(Well yea, black, I know that) I cannot remember what I thinned it with;
could have been Xylene (sp?) or Toluene.
Any and all advice on primers, preparation, paint colors, types, quantities,
ad nauseum, is welcome.
Even rude advice and Ronzo advice.
Thanks already!!!!
-Sarge