Re: [MV] How to test the coil - M151

From: Julian Burke (julian@knology.net)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 14:42:06 PDT

What I did was to tap into the B+ feed into the distributor and install a 24
volt lamp showing I had voltage going into the unit. When engine failed and
no spark, I knew I had voltage there and replaced the coil. Never had a
problem since. Yes, those coils go bad esp the newer ones. Forget the
resistance, just replace the coil and see if your problem disappears.
Julian Burke