RE: [MV] Mil radios amd 6 Meters

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 08:15:16 PDT

Hi Caleb
RT524 radios tune every 25 khz. As a result you will not match up with most
of the freqs in the 6 mtr bandplan which goes every 20 khz. Plus the 524
uses only a 150hz CTCSS tone which is not standard either so you can not
open a standard repeater even if you could get on the right frequency. In
addition the 524 is only a simplex radio and can not go on half-duplex.
The total result is that if you plan on using the 524 on 6 mtrs it will only
be useful on a simplex freq with another mil radio. Can be fun at a rally
but not much use otherwise.

Later
Glenn
MVPA