Re: [MV] Looking for deuce parts: fixing the brakelight switch

From: Jim (W7LS@BLARG.net)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 19:36:57 PDT

Hi. I don't recommend installing used lights. New cost $25-$30. As for the brakelight switch, that can be easily repaired by anyone. It screws apart and all the parts come out. The corrosion and pitting on the parts can be filed and cleaned, making it good as new, so long as the diaphragm material is still ok. From start to finish, with no prior experience, it should take under a half hour to refurbish the switch. I used my pocket Leatherman for most of the work, actually. Jim