Re: [MV] Towing a REO Gasser M44

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 09:14:42 PDT

Dan, if it were mine, and I've done just that, only farther, I would remove
all 4 rear axle shafts and both front drive flanges. Its a few more bolts
altogether but you don't have to crawl anywhere. You can take the front drive
flanges and use them to block off one rear axle where the shafts were. You can fab
up a simple plate or block of wood to do the other axle. If you have access to
additional drive flanges, use them in the back. Doing it this way, not even
the diff gearsets move. All you need it a 3/4 socket and ratchet or 1/2"
impact. Here's a link to a brave soul (me) doing just that.
http://www.easternsurplus.net/engle.jpg
Kenny