CUCV over drive

From: Erik Lundquist (Erik_lundquist@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 09:19:42 PDT

I mentioned in a previous post that I have seen a Volvo over drive unit used
in a truck. These were used in early 70's to 80's Volvo cars. I believe the
name of the OD unit is called a laycock unit, which is looks identical to a
gear vendors unit. The person that did the swap made his own adaptor and I
believe outsourced the shaft for it. I'll get more info if I can, I
personally thought the only way it would be cost effective is if you can
machine the adaptor yourself, the main cost from gear vendors is the price
of its adaptors. Hope this helps all who asked.
Cheers, Erik

Also thanks to all those that replied to my posting problems.

"Our country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There
won't be any America - because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take
our women and breed a hardier race." LtGen Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller USMC