USN patrol boat for sale - 165'

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 17:01:29 PDT

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucstsrh/

Can you picture this fine USN fighting ship painted
battleship grey once again with bold white/black USN
ID numbers, missile boxes remounted, the old scrapped
gun turrent remounted with cannon, flying the red
white and blue off the stern, campaign ribbons back on
the bridge, crewed with MVPA volunteers and
owner/operators?

Ah,...what a great way to spend some of your
retirement days and save some naval history to boot!

Would make a great project for about 20
owner/operators at say 10k each, thats just a wild
guess of course. Who knows how much it will go for,
but if past sales are any indication it will go very
cheap, somewhere I suspect in the range of 100-125k?
$20-30k in repairs and she's ready to go.

Former black gang member here...30+ years ago! lol
But, I suspect I can still do a lot of the engine room
duties...what was your MOS?

My daughter is a USCG licensed Captain, but no doubt
we have regular Navy Capt's here that would enjoy
being a skipper one more time?

Maybe this is just a dumb idea, but thought I would
put it out anyway, see if anyone else was interested?
 Couldn't hurt to dream I guess...