800 series sprag question

From: Jim (W7LS@BLARG.net)
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 00:00:52 PDT

  On a M813, the forward/reverse air solenoid makes the right sounds, but I suspect that the front end is not getting power, since the truck spun the rear tires in the mud, but the front end did not spin. Haven't jacked up each front corner yet to do the fwd/rev test. That's next.
  Is there a typical failure mode in these 800 series trucks, like the air solenoid gets dirty, stuck, or whatever? Maybe the sprag is shot? I've searched the standard manuals, but didn't see a troubleshooting guide. Thanks. Jim