Re: [MV] 165' ex-USN PG

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 18:35:36 PDT

That's not what the add says. They pulled the prop shafts and the props
which I don't think is all that unusual. They were probably worn and
need repair along with the props. I believe that the shafts normally
wear in the rubber lined bearings and have to be resurfaced with a
metallic spray process, turned back down round and put back into the
ship. Or scrapped and replaced. Probably a mere $50,000 or so for that
minor repair, assuming they are repairable. If I had a couple of
million I could spare to fix her up, I'd be looking, but that day isn't
here yet.

Dave