Bantan or Bantam trailer questions

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 19:05:54 PDT

Oh, all knowing list. I beseech thee.

I have run across a military looking 1/4 ton trailer with NDT tires (7.00 by
16 I think) that may be mine a day or two. Horse trading stuff. Anyway it
has a tail gate that opens and a little tag on the front near the top that
has "BANTAN" or BANTAM" in big letters and below it on the same tag
something to the effect of "manufactured in the US" or something like that.
No other tags. Very well hung axle, it has grease fittings on the round
u-shaped shackles. It also has little pockets that look like they would
accommodate bows on the inside of the trailer body.

Question is this: Is this military or did Bantan make civilian trailers
like this too. Anybody know what model or year trailer this might be. I
think I will end up with it tomorrow regardless. After all I don't have
one.

Joe Trapp