Re: [MV] Vehicle titles in general.. - MS

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 11:36:41 PDT

At 11:08 AM -0700 4/26/05, Jeff Gatton wrote:

>So, I took the title bond and my invoice to the tag
>office, where I had to fill out another form swearing
>this and swearing that. The gal said I had to pay MS
>tax (5% on vehicles) since GL was an "out-of-state"
>dealer (Scottsdale, AZ). I tried showing her on the
>invoice where it said I paid 7% MS tax already. She
>asked if I had proof that GL paid that back to MS.
>Yeah right, like I have that.

Ahh, but GL has offices and operations in MS do they not?
Ergo you paid. If GL didn't then there's a double charge here if not an overcharge. I'd call the tax commissioners office and run it up the chain. Tax Commissioners dislike companies that collect taxes and then don't forward the funds to them.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -