OLD OIL Question

From: Yuke.RF@forces.gc.ca
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 07:48:59 PDT

        I was just given 6 cases of Shell 10W30 engine oil. Here is my
concern on the box is written the delivery date of July 25 1979! The oil is
in one quart cans of the type were there is the metal top and bottom with
cardboard sides. My questions, is stuff any good? Would is be OK to use in
my WC-52 (military vehicle content). Sure wouldn't use it in my Astrovan
though it might be OK in the snow blower next year. Any thought on this?

Thanks Rick