Military Vehicle Towbars.

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 18:34:05 PDT

I bought some towbars and one is a weird looking thing. Its not easy to
describe but I'll try, it has the normal looking lunette eye that hooks to
the tow vehicle and its about four or five foot long. Just behind the
lunette eye is a super strong spring that is about 3/8ths inch wide and
thick as it curls around. I would say the spring is about eight or so
inches long. The tube or channel as it were is about six inches square all
the way back to the rear and then it has a place with eyelets, I assume to
attach a swivel bracket or something.

Does this sound like anything any of you have seen? Is this a towbar to tow
aircraft or what?

Any and all assistance would be appreciated.

Sonny