Bought Open Cab CCKW after reading posting from list member.

From: Dan Bever (goin_myway@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 21:17:55 PDT

Hi List, I just want to thank one of our list members
Tom Woodburn MVPA 16138. Back on 24 March some of you
may recal Tom posted a message regarding an older
Gentleman who had some WWII era trucks that had been
sitting around on his farm for some 20 odd years and
was wanting to get them sold off or scrap them out.
Tom noted that he had one CCKW with a crane on it, 3
Internationals, and a 52 REO. I was pretty busy at
the time with work but managed to call the guy up
about a week later. Turned out he had already
scrapped two of the 2.5 ton internationals but still
had the CCKW with crane, the last remaining 2.5 ton
international, and the 52 REO. Upon further discussion
with him on the phone he advised that he also had
another CCKW that was in pretty decent shape that he
had decided he would sell it as well. So I set up to
drive to his place (about 120 miles from my place) to
check out what he had. I went to his place on a
Sunday and ended up buying the open cab CCKW that you
can see in my yahoo photo ablum buy going to this
site:

http://photos.yahoo.com/goin_myway

open the album with the red CCKW on it and scroll down
to the bottom of the album. I have 4 photos of it
posted. It turned out that he had bought it from a
local fire department 6 years ago drove it to his farm
and parked it in a barn were it had remained ever
since. I ended up buying it along with an original
type WWII bed and a winch for mounting on the front. I
have not had a chance to do anything with the truck
yet but I know the engine is free and I believe I will
have it running and driving in no time. I also
committed to buying the remaining CCKW and the
International. I just hated to see these trucks end up
being sent to the scrapper. Unfortunitly I could not
save the other two International dueces. I looked at
the 52 REO Gasser which at one time had a LeRoy
Compressor on it but I could not swing getting it. I
got ahold of a guy that probably would have bought it
but he was too late getting ahold of the owner and it
has already been cut up for scrap. Anyhow I wanted to
thank list memeber Tom Woodburn for passing along the
info. It got me to the open cab CCKW of which I am
really happy to get. It also saved at least for parts
or possible restoration the CCKW and the
International. I have not really seen very many
International duces nor have I seen any CCKW open
cabs. Hope you enjoyed this story. There is still
MV's out there in the hills. Forgot to menchin these
trucks were in southern Indiana. I am also trying to
figure out how to post the sites for list members to
click on to see a photo of my truck. So try this site
and see if it works. thanks
Dan Bever
MVPA 18507

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/goin_myway/detail?.dir=/2b41&.dnm=6759.jpg&.src=ph