Bob has the means and knows his stuff!

From: Adams-Graf, John (John.Adams-Graf@fwpubs.com)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 15:06:20 PDT

I hear ya, Bob! I understand that the formulation to achieve the angularity is the problem. One has to wonder, though, if there was a perceived significant demand for the paint, why paint companies haven't dedicated the resources to replicating it.

If the Mr. Guffee's Jeep isn't a secret, why hasn't anyone who uses it as a point of reference actually published it? I am sorry...."publishing on the web" is not (again, in my opinion) "publishing". The web is too fluid. What is here today, won't be here in 10 years. Yet, if something is published in a print media, libraries are dedicated to holding materials for generations of people to consult. Putting stuff on the web and calling it "publishing" is like me watching Law and Order and proclaiming that I am a lawyer...But I am digressing. I happen to know (and maybe the rest of the list isn't privy), but Bob is one of the few who really spends his time researching AND publishing...The hobby owes him a debt of gratitude. Perhaps he can be persuaded to get some great pictures of Mr. Guffee's Jeep and submit them...I have the inside track on being able to twist an editor's arm to publish the material. :) This could turn out to be a great thing for the hobby!

Well, thank you all, for indulging this long dialogue. Hopefully something will come of it that will keep the hobby expanding at a healthy and enjoyable rate.

John A-G
Iola, WI USA