Re: Re: [MV] OT: R134A Supplier

From: santoken@bright.net
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 07:15:30 PDT

Barry,

Yes, it's a distribution problem. Back in the fall, I bought 32 cylinders, I'm out now. Also, the pricing has doubled in the last few weeks...if you can find a WD that has it.

I'm looking for a distributor that can offer some quantity. And, like I said, I wouldn't have a problem going through importing it.

The shortage is from a number of issues. There is one rumor that one of the two manufacturers shut down production for some maintenance. The other issues are things like India forcing all vehicles to go to R134 this year, unlike the US gave a 5 year window to car manufacturers.

I would really like to find a supplier that could provide me with a few hundred cylinders.

Kent