LIVING HISTORY DAY AT OREGON MILITARY MUSEUM

From: paul carrier (paulc@teleport.com)
Date: Sun May 01 2005 - 19:49:45 PDT

For any interested paries. Applogies if you get this twice
They leave out the bit about some of the vehicles to be on display
M41 Walker Buldog
M42 Duster
M3 Stewart
M4 Sherman
M7 Priest
M60A3 (a runner, don't know if they plan on driving it that day)
M1A1 Abrams Will move a bit during the day, very early and at the end of the
day when I put it away. Hopefulling I will make a pass or two on the test
track we have on post..)

-
Press release from: Oregon National Guard
LIVING HISTORY DAY AT OREGON MILITARY MUSEUM FEATURES MILITARY ENCAMPMENTS,
RE-ENACTORS AND HISTORIC VEHICLES

CLACKAMAS, Ore. - May 14, 2005 -- Paying tribute to the service of American
veterans and giving the public a fun yet realistic glimpse of historic Army
life is what Living History Day is all about. From military bicycles to
battle tanks, from Liberty Trucks to amphibious "DUKWs," families can enjoy
a full day of the sights, sounds and smells of America's military past.

Authentic military campsites from the American Revolution to present day,
museum artifacts, arms, equipment, ordnance, uniforms, and restored military
vehicles can be viewed. Visitors will meet re-enactors, living history
enthusiasts and military vehicle collectors who are ready to share their
expertise and knowledge about America's military past. Included are an
outdoor swap meet, (space is free to vendors), and a fly-over of a military
aircraft. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.

 "The Museum offers an unforgettable experience for visitors at our Living
History Day," said COL Don Bond, Deputy Chief of Staff, Operations. "Each
year, the event grows bigger and better. Families get a chance to
appreciate the freedoms won by our service men and women by seeing how they
worked and lived."

Sponsored by the Oregon Military Museum and the Military Vehicle Collectors
Club of Oregon, the Eighth Annual Living History Day is a FREE public event
on Saturday May 14th, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. It is held at the Oregon
Military Museum, Camp Withycombe, 10101 SE Clackamas Road, Clackamas, Oregon
97015.

Driving directions: Camp Withycombe is just off of Interstate 205. Take
Exit 12, the Clackamas/Estacada exit for Highway 212/224. Head east for
half a mile. Turn left at the stop light onto SE 102nd Ave. Go one block.
Turn right into Camp Withycombe. A valid driver's license is required to
drive into the Camp.

CONTACT: Steve Greenberg, Chairman, 8th Annual Living History Day,
503-774-4103, sgreenb810@aol.com or Tracy Buckley, Curator, Oregon Military
Museum, 503-557-5359, tracy.buckley@or.ngb.army.mil.

The award-winning Oregon Military Museum was established in 1975 by the
Oregon Military Department as the state's official military history
repository. We honor, preserve and showcase this remarkable history through
exhibits, outreach and educational programs, an Annual Living History Day
event, and through outstanding artifact, library and archive collections.
Free to the public, the Museum is open 9 to 5 Fridays and Saturdays, and
other times by appointment. Membership is just $10.00 a year.

The Military Vehicle Collectors Club of Oregon is dedicated to the
collections, restoration, preservation and enjoyment of military vehicles
and related equipment. Monthly meetings are held at Camp Withycombe, and
members participate in parades and community events throughout each year.