Re: color of WW2 gensets Now A/N 319 paint

From: Terry & Carolyn Welshans (welshans2@comcast.net)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 18:27:29 PDT

Bob said:
======================
Be aware that the "original" paint would fade and turn "lighter" in as
little time as a year. So what you see as a lighter color is very likely
the result of fade or surface treatment prior to repainting. The "real"
color is not as light as Gillespie 319. But enough about paint--get it
painted and have fun with it!

bob n.
www.42FordGPW.com
======================

And that is what we shall do, Bob.

The paint is ordered, and when it gets here it will be sprayed in the
engine/powertrain bilge area, then the engine and trans set in place on my
new motor mounts. Then the side area and outside get a coat or two and I
will be done with the body. The tracks are next, as the rubber bands are
split and the cable are breaking, so I need to repair them before we drive
too far.

I am going to use conveyor belting punched to the grouser bolt pattern and
spacing for type three 55 plate tracks.

Regards,

Terry Welshans
Homer Glen, IL

"Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest. "
Mark Twain (1835-1910)