Re: [MV] Are we going to let this happen?

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 18:16:23 PDT

--- m35products <m35prod@optonline.net> wrote:
> It DID happen.
>
> One wishes, of course, that the child could have
> been better prepared to
> deal with the reaction to his prohibited phone use,
> and one wishes that the
> school authorities might have been a bit more
> lenient, but discipline is
> expected both on the front lines, and on the home
> front.
>
> This was not an infant, toddler or preteenager; it
> was a young adult who
> should have handled himself better.
>
> On its face, the case seems to have been handled
> properly.
++++++++++
Personally I think they could have hustled the young
man off to a quiet room to finish the call, the mother
may have had some sorely needed time off and that may
have been the only time she could talk to him.
Consider the time zones involved.

It would be a good lesson to show that rules can be
waived when good judgement prevails and for good
reasons. This is why we have judges and juries, not
"swipe-your-card" justice dispensing machines.

I think they acted like a bunch of callous Nazis!

A good American wouldn't have done this to a
serviceman,... or woman.

It was poorly handled.

Joe