Re: [MV] CUCV swollen glow plug removal - rear brakes locked up

From: Jeff Gatton (jdgatton@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 14:55:58 PDT

As for my shaking....I went for a test drive this
morning and paid a little closer attention to the
symptoms. The front end actually started shaking. I
was able to hit the brakes and stop it before it got
too bad. I came home and inspected and realized that
my front steering stabilizer was completely missing.
I bet adding one of them will stop the front end from
shaking uncontrollably.

Jeff

--- Jeff Gatton <jdgatton@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I finally got all the swollen glow plugs out. I
> only
> had to pull 3 of them out of the injector holes.
> The
> pulling tool and air ratchet only worked on 1. Good
> ol' vise grips and some wiggling/pulling/cussing
> worked on the rest.
>
> I bought the "super-duper" glow plugs from Kennedy
> Diesel. They are actually Wellman 6A843G050. The
> tab
> broke off one of them (cheap-ass spot weld) when I
> was
> grinding it down to fit my connector.
>
> The swollen ones I removed were Wellman 6A843G070.
>
> After new glow plugs and a new glow plug relay, I'm
> back on the road.
>
> Another funny thing happened....I was doing about
> 35mph and hit a dip in the road, all of the sudden,
> the whole truck was shaking and jumping. I think
> the
> rear brakes/axle locked up on me. I stopped and got
> out to see if my axle had fallen off or something,
> and
> everything looked good....it drove fine after that.
> did smell some hot brakes/tires. I didn't try
> hitting
> any dips in the road at that speed yet though. Has
> anyone had a similar experience? I was thinking
> that
> the rear proportion valve might have kicked in when
> hit that dip and locked up the breaks...
>
> I just started driving this truck, so I'm still
> learning his quirks.
>
> Jeff Gatton
> Saucier, MS

Yahoo! Mail Mobile