CUCV starter relay?

From: Mike (michael@tsixroads.com)
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 21:42:15 PDT

I had to replace my starter relay today. I used a take out relay. The old one had gotten wet and rusted. In looking at the TM I found this:

NOTE
Original starter relays on vehicles prior to July 1985 production were
defective. The point gap inside was too small causing starter to stay
engaged. Vehicles produced after July 1985 and the current starter relay in
supply system have a wider point gap to correct this problem.

Does anyone know how to tell these apart?

The part number in the -20P is 15591718. I assume this is for the new one.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS