Re: [MV] Are we going to let this happen?

From: candlewickjeep2@webtv.net
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 09:01:46 PDT

I can certainly appreciate your expertise, Sonny. We'll just forget my
expertise as an educator. And since you have it, and I don't, some very
obvious questions come to mind.

   Many teachers just look forward to payday and quitting time? How many
is many? Isn't that generalizing just a bit?

   They don't care if the students learn or not?? Where does that come
from? How do you know that? Again, isn't that more of a generalized
personal opinion?

   I had no idea that "most" public school teachers were of that "lets
push them along so they'll be out of my hair" mentality. Thanks for
filling us in on that one. Could you provide some statistics? If I
could rely on MY experience, I would simply say that in teaching, as in
ALL vocations, there are a certain percentage of deadbeats. I suspect
that's true in almost every area of the civilian workplace . No
deadbeats in the military? Hmmmmm.

   In your military experience when you got one of the deadbeat students
that failed to get taught, am I to assume that you held nothing over
them to, shall we say. force the issue of learning upon them? Public
school teachers, can't force their students to run laps, do pushups, do
KP or anything remotely similar. Mommy and Daddy don't allow it. Did
Mommy and Daddy dictate how you taught your students?

   Does it bother you to take such a broad, generalized, authoritative
stance? It's easy to generalize. That makes everybody's arguments
weak.

   In my opinion the public school problem often times (not always, not
most, just "often")lies in the breakdown of the family
relationship........Not enough discipline, not enough values, not enough
religion, not enough morals......and THEN the parents DEFEND their
children when they get in trouble.

No expertise, no experience, just opinions..
   and I've had my say.

Mike