Re: [MV] HMMWV smokes and loses oil pressure downhill

From: Darrell Ramsell (daram@comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 00:31:31 PDT

Vince

If you want to eliminate the possibility of a water problem you'll need to
do two things.

The first one you already mentioned was to change the fuel filter. I would
also put in a fuel additive that's specifically designed to remove water in
diesel fuel. Once this is done then run the engine and open the drain valve
on the fuel filter. This will flush out any sediments and water that's in
the filter.

The next thing I would do is to get an oil change and have the shop analyze
the old oil for water. This is the best way to check if you have any water
or anti-freeze in the engine block.

Darrell