Re: [MV] your papers, please

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 10:29:59 PDT

I think the "current" larger problem is huge unregulated Databases
within private companies that have all of your info. IE, the Lexis
Nexis' of the world. They give the term "information is power" new
meaning. Now if you could tie those Databases to a National ID card
number in real time, you could really wield some power!

I can see it now:
Sir, I need to scan your national ID card, if you want to buy from us...
Gotcha!

I know you underwear size ( bought from Walmart last week).
I know how many cars registered.
That you own a gun.
That you had 2 speeding tickets last year.
That you moved recently.
That you and Joe Blow bought stuff in the same line one after the other
at Kmart last year and the other correlations show that you know each other.
That you traveled from X to X during a 10 day period this year. (Credit
card purchases along I-75).
In fact, I know stuff that even you don't know.

Sir, Thank you for shopping at Big Brother mart. (:-<)

And if you don't think this is possible - do some research! The
national ID card with bar code, or magnetic stripe or RF ID will just
make everything nice and easy. This is not about security, it's about
your information and how people can access it.

So much for privacy.

Thanks George Bush - The guy some people still believe is a conservative.

Dave