(M35 )LDT4561C Problem in 6th cylinder. Bad oil pump maybe cause...

From: Michael Farrell (mike.farrell@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 20:28:46 PDT

I have a fairly good shape M35 that has had a knock since I got it. I
checked all the fuel lines, injectors are all OK. The knock is definitely
the 6th cylinder closest to the firewall. I am having an experienced
mechanic work with me on his off time. He looked over the block arrangement
and said he thinhs that the banging can be caused by a bad oil pump,
cylinder 6 is a long way from the pump and I might have some RODs or
bearings that are shot on it from oil pump going out.

How does this sound to everybody...

Over the weekend I am going to remove the oil pan and check pump, and them
the piston, bearings etc. Anything else I should do.

Mike Farrell