Re: [MV] M54A1C

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Sat May 14 2005 - 16:31:42 PDT

Hi Johnny,
    The dimensions for the heavier tow bar used to pull a 5 ton are as
follows:
I am rounding off because there is this dog leg at the top where the are
bolted together.

Essentially each leg is 77 inches long and they are made with 3"
structural tubing 5/16" thick.
They have a "u" shaped bracket welded on the end with holes going thru
the legs of the U
The holes are 1 1/8 in and the distance between the legs of the U are 1
7/8 inside and 3 1/2 outside.
the depth of the U is 3 5/8 inside.
The center of the hole is 1 1/2 in from the top of the U.

You will need a clevis that makes the joint between the shackle brackets
on the truck and the
U bracket I just mentioned. Note that the hole going thru the U is
perpendicular to the ground,
thus the requirement of the clevis, since the pin going thru the shackle
bracket is horizontal to the ground.

Hope this helps, I have to run now. Might be able to answer more
questions later.

Bruce MVPA 23824