Military stretchers for MVs

From: Dan Maguire (dmaguire@mchsi.com)
Date: Sat May 14 2005 - 19:33:54 PDT

Greetings,

A historic truck enthusiast that I know called me because he is now the
proud owner of a number (10+) of military stretchers. The only
indication as to their age was a roll of bandage gauze dated 1943, but
he does not know if the gauze and the strechers are at all connected.
He said that the hardware on the stretchers appeared to be gold anodized
(some are worn).

I have searched on the internet to find that one site out there
describing military stretchers in fanatical detail, but have not found
it. So, since strechers pop up in MVs enough, any of you out there know
how to ID strechers and how to determine if they are of any value
whatsoever?

Thanks,
Dan
Auburn, IN