Re: [MV] sticky lifter M35A2

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Sun May 15 2005 - 20:15:32 PDT

PJ,
I am certainly not an expert on the multi-fuel ( or any other diesel
engine, for that matter ) however I have had 2, 7.3 Navstar engines that
had what sounded like a loose rocker arm. After a diesel mech checked the
valve train was found O-K and the "ticking" turnrd out to be a wrist ( or
piston ) pin. Other than the noise there was no other symtom.

Frank Cox - 'Nam 1966
MVPA 14530
'45 GMC 353 DUKW

On Sun, 15 May 2005 20:20:33 -0500 Patrick Jankowiak
<recycler@swbell.net> writes:
> I see.. I wonder how I would "blow the carbon out of it". If it
> were an old car, I'd pour some transmission fluid into the gas
> tank and get out on the road and do some high speed flying, but
> that's not an option here.
>
> Is there any additive or procedure I can do to see if it helps?
>
> PJ
>
> jalberhasky@juno.com wrote:
> > Hey Patrick, The Multifuel has mechanical lifters. If there is a
> ticking noise coming from the top end...It may be a valve that is
> not closing all the way. (sticking due to carbon...etc) Good luck.
> JJA

> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

Frank Cox - 'Nam 1966