Re: [MV] CUCV Bolt on Hitch

From: Jeff Gatton (jdgatton@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 08:23:27 PDT

Good timing.

I'm in the process of doing this. I bought a Class V
rated hitch from a local shop, Camper City. The hitch
is made by Putnam Hitches
http://www.putnamhitch.com/Pickups/chevyfs62-87.htm
Hidden Hitch also makes a heavy duty hitch for this
truck.
http://www.hitchfinder.com/hitch_selector_combo.htm

I don't have it on yet, and I am going to have to cut
a notch in the bumper/clevis brackets. I took all the
bolts out (that I could see) of the bracket, but there
is still something holding it onto the bumper. This
is the same bracket that holds the clevis rings in.
There may be a weld that I cannot see. I think I
might have to take the bumper all the way off to see
what is holding that bracket on.

When all is said and done, I still want the pintle
hook and clevis rings on the truck.

I'll make sure I take good notes and maybe even a few
pictures and keep y'all posted.

Jeff

--- Chris Brunner <cjbrunner@optonline.net> wrote:
> Has anyone ever purchased a bolt on 2" receiver
> hitch for the CUCV
> pickup series and been able to bolt it on without
> any modifications?
> Any input appreciated.
>
> Chris

> To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: