Re: [MV] MV's not allowed to participate in the Veteran's Day events locally

From: Steve & Jeannie Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 15:46:20 PDT

OK I have to jump in here!

I have mostly WW2 equipment and lots of it! Wearing the quaint (my term) WW2
uniform at appropiate events gives me a better chance to interact with the
public
as has been previously stated.

My local club: www.mvmvc.org has all different vehicles and even a few
ferign ones.
When we do a parade, we either segregate the vehicles by size or era or
both: WW2
Jeeps followed by M38, then M38A1 etc.

At our annual Weare rally this year, the guys from VT who bring a bunch of
M35s will
be setting up an M35 'gun truck' display. We have set asside an area
different from the
normal display area for them. It will be their Vietnam Gun Truck display,
not a WW2
display.

At other times, some of us WW2 types do things outside of the club because
they are
for period, in this case WW2 vehicles only. The upcoming event of the WW2
LST is
an example.

In this hobby, there are so few of us, either we respect each other and
stand united, or
we will have these HMV removed from our ownership.....

Steve AKA Dr Deuce