RE: [MV] MV's not allowed to participate in the Veteran's Day

From: Scherrer, Tim (scherrert@missouri.edu)
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 07:30:41 PDT

There is a little more to this story...in that how this organizing
committee has also threatened me at my workplace, and they also
threatened my ex wife at her workplace when she took the issue up.
We've also had members of the organizing committee approach us at event
and tell us how great we would be for the event, not knowing their
committee chair excludes all MVs and reenactors.

It's their event and they can do what they want, but I think few on this
list would believe that excluding military vehicles...all military
vehicles...from a veteran's parade and permitting classic cars,
politicians, businesses, and whatnot, is a pretty unique policy,
especially since there is no published criteria as to what is welcome
and what isn't welcome, no application process.

I'm not complaining at all about being excluded. I also am excluded
from the local Willys Jeep reunion because I have a GPW. What I dislike
are the bully tactics they have used on my group, the lack of published
criteria as to what can attend and what can't attend, and their use of
huge numbers of city resources yet claiming the city isn't involved.

As for the criticism of my event having an 18 wheeler and ford excursion
in it...the 18 wheeler was in the 03 event hauling a trailing with a
Half Track and WC-51 on it, for display purposes. The Ford Excursion in
05 was pulling an empty trailer with the intent of picking up any
vehicle casualties that may occur. I guess some of you wanted us to
burn any vehicles that broke down during the event? Seems like some of
you just want to sling mud.

Tim A. Scherrer
MAJ, MI, USAR
Assistant Professor of Military Science