Re: [MV] USS America

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 05:18:54 PDT

please do not take this as a flame - you have quoted what gumment said - I
think a bunch of "good ole boys" just wanted to see what would happen when
they blew her up - I remember an old battle ship in an atomic bomb test that
would not sink, and it took a lot of work - seems to me like shell fire from
destroyer would not do it - had to get a sub to torpedo her