Re: [MV] [FDept] frauds on eBay (cont)

From: Larry Tighe (larryradio@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 07:44:51 PDT

Steve,

Not to drag this out....checks have to "clear", Bank Cheque or otherwise.
And, those can be cancelled like any other....your risk is in accepting it.
Banks routinely warn you that until a check CLEARS, the monies ain't yours
to be had....and if you don't have enough money in the acct. to cover it
till it clears, you cannot draw against it.

Escrow is the only protection for both parties...anything else is at the
buyer's risk. If a bank or PayPal were to assume responsibility for a
failed/fradulent transactions, who'd care what or from whom they
purchased....and the banks (or other intermediaries) would be out of
business!

It's your risk and your loss or gain when you entered into a transaction.
Let's not fall into the ever popular trap of "who can I blame for my
misfortune (anyone but me)" mentality.

To repeat myself...ESCROW..or risk...end of story.

Lar
www.antiquetelephone.com