Diesel question - could be applicable to MV engines also

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 10:50:22 PDT

I have a generic diesel question that I thought you guys could help me
with. I have a Ford 6.9 IDI Diesel engine in a truck that has some
Antifreeze in the oil (maybe 10 ounces or so ) and the engine appears to
be locked - won't rotate at all. A breaker bar on the crank pulley bolt
won't budge it. It has been like this for about 6 months apparently.

Before I rip the engine out of the truck and start an overhaul or
replacement I would like some suggestions.

Would it make sense to pull all of the glow plugs and see if I have a
hydrolock problem?

Besides head gaskets failures or intake gasket failures - I understand
some high hour diesel's can suffer from corrosion in the water jackets
that penetrate the block due to cavitation. How common is this in high
hour engines?

How would you guys approach this problem? Am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Dave