Fw: [MV] Diesel question - could be applicable to MV engines also

From: Kenny Reed (kreed@pintoeng.com)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 11:05:57 PDT

In terms of the older ford diesels high hours really doesn't matter. they
cavitation that you are referring to is a large scale problem on ford diesel
engines up to the 90's style powerstrokes. ford actually sells a bottle of
stuff that is designed to eliminate the chemical reaction that causes the
problem. the antifreeze actually eats away at the cylinder liner and
eventually right into the cylinder causing hyrdolock and a long list of
other things depending on engine speed.

Kenny Reed
1968 M35A2 W/W, Whistler
Hopefully Ring Mount and .50 cal soon