Re: [MV] Why didn't I think of this! OT

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 09:47:43 PDT

Exactly, they are using IGBT drive technology that is used in the latest
AC variable speed drive systems. That is an entirely different class of
systems compared to the old Motor-Generator type technology that has
been used in the railroad, crane and other heavy equipment for years.

I didn't know that the Germans used it in tanks in WWII also. They
certainly had a lot going technology wise considering the time.

That IGBT technology is still pretty expensive, but hey, its the
government! Budget, what budget???? I don't think that OSH KOSH has
ever been the low cost leader in anything. But they make some nice trucks!

Dave