Re: [MV] Aervoe Paint - Keeping fingers crossed....

From: Ghille (ghille@wcc.net)
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 15:13:21 PDT

I have always used "Crossfire" reducers; specifically the medium evaporating
kind. My local body shop uses it. They have slow, medium, and fast
depending on your preference. Using laquer to thin paint is a no-no
especially if you are painting several coats. It can cause the layers to
dry at different rates and wrinkle. I used Gillespie and the crossfire
recently and it worked well. If you have never used Gillespie paint before,
practice on something a little while. It has a much higher "solids" count,
and goes on differently than most other paint. It also has to be stirred
constantly while spraying. I would guess that the solids count is the
difference between Aervoe and Gillespie.
Coby