M1008 starter problems

From: joeyounginc@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 02:11:29 PDT

If this was a civilan truck, I'd kmow where to start looking.
I don't know much about the electrics in a CUCV.
My M1008 is sitting by my garage, broke again. I got in it
yesterday and without thinking (I drive a Chevy Blazer a lot),
I hit the starter before the wait light went out. I quickly left
off and waited for the light to go out and tried to start it.
All it did was pull several lights out on the dash. No click,
no nothing. I really don't know where to start looking for
the problem. I tried anther card, didn't help. I had started
it about an hour before this to move it out of the garage
and did not have any indication of a problem. Batteries
are charged.
Joe Young