Re: [MV] East Coast Fall event

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 19:11:51 PDT

At 10:05 PM -0400 6/1/05, Randall Scheffler wrote:
>Well, I convinced the powers that be to sponsor an MV event at Fort Gordon!
>
>Obviously we have lots of things to work out, but for now, we plan on a
>show, swap meet (for those who want to) and the optional trail rides on some
>of Fort Gordon's tank trails!

WOOT! Trail Rides!

>For those who don't know, Fort Gordon was originally the home of the 10th
>Armored Division during WW II, became the MP School for a while and is now
>the home of the Signal School and a bunch of secret squirrel units.

I know one of those secret squirrels in fact...I think....maybe....

>The MV show will be run at the same time as our annual Octoberfest, so those
>who miss the German beer and food will surely find something to do here.
>
>We have a campground on post that will be made available to those who want
>to use it.

Bathrooms? Do we have access to bathrooms and
showers? That's a great help in Georgia, even in
October.

Are they going to have conniption fits about
firearms? Fort MacPherson (just as active and
worrisome about security) seems to be okeedokee
with them for their event in June.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)