MV shows on post

From: l51940@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 07:31:38 PDT

2 weekends ago Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Michigan had their
"every other year" air show. This year they made a special effort to
invite privately owned military vehicles. The Vietnam era was being
honored but vehicles of all eras were welcome. The Great Lakes MVPA
chapter ended up having a good turnout of about 15 vehicles considering
it was the same weekend as the Finley, Ohio mv show. In addition the
real guys brought out quite a few vehicles, including, an Abrams, a
Stryker, Bradley, HET, Humvees, deuces, a Huey, an M113 etc. They also
had some concept vehicles there, including hybrid stuff, a military GM
pickup (can't remember name) and a GPV armored car (which are made
nearby in New Haven MI). This particular GPV was 8 wheel drive, black
and ominous looking. Someone recently posted a link to a pic of their
cargo truck. All their vehicles have a Star War look. 100s of
thousands of people show up to these air shows and we had a lot of
interest in our vehicles. I myself fielded many good questions about
our hobby and it was a lot of fun. The people at Selfridge are
considering having an MV wheels and wings based show at the base next
year. I hope it happens.

Dave McConnell